cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet drop out

Stephie91
Joining in

I’m loosing the will to live. Been at my address for a week. Moved my package from my old address which actually meant they cancelled the old packaging and charged me £70 for the priveledge of moving it here. Of course. Which would be fine if the internet actually worked. But it constantly cuts out. Not just the wifi. The internet completly drops off, even to things connected by Ethernet cable. It becomes unavailable as a wifi option and is disrupting life. After several online and WhatsApp chat conversations saying they promise it will be sorted and it’s still not. I’ve had an engineer to fit the white box that wasn’t here when I moved in. And my online log ins are still connected to my previous address so I can even use those to help track the issues. I need this sorted asap or I need to know what my cancellation rights are for horrendous service! 

3 REPLIES 3

Client62
Legend

Call 0800 561 0061 to see if there is a fault in your street.

From http://192.168.0.1  look in the Hub's Check router status option ( don't log in just scroll down ), review the Upstream and Downstream figures are there any obvious issues suggesting a connection problem ?

Copy / Paste the text ( no screen shots please ) for a hand in reading the Hub's connection figures.

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello Stephie91,

Thanks for your first post and welcome to our Community.

Sorry to hear the service isn't great after your house move.

I am happy to take a look at this as I presume it would have been a self installation.

We can check a few things from here and also look at transferring your online account over from the previous property.

If you don't mind, I will need to send you a private message to pass security. 
If you can check your logo at the  top right of your screen that would be great. 
Regards     
Gareth_L

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks so much for joining me on private message @Stephie91 

Glad that we've gotten you online access sorted today. 

I have now booked you a visit for your router disconnection issue – you can check the date and time via your online account here. If you have any issues with accessing your online account or unable to see your visit, please do let us know and we’ll pop you a message to confirm.

There will be no charge for this visit unless:
•    The technician diagnoses the faults as not being caused by our network/equipment 
•    The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to your equipment
•    The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to any system that we are not responsible for

The technician will confirm during their visit if any of these instances apply, and if so, a £25 charge will be applied to your account.

Please ensure there is someone over the age of 18 present at the time of the visit. If you need to change your appointment you can do this online or via the MyVM app by 4pm the day before the appointment.

If you do miss an agreed appointment for any reason, a £25 missed appointment charge will be applied to your account on the day of the appointment.

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley