Menu
Yearofthespoon
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Internet down during provider transfer?

Hi,

I've got a virgin engineer booked for this Friday to come and connect to the M100 fibre broadband package. I currently have phoneline broadband with plusnet. Will there be any loss of internet during the switch over? I assume that because Virgin doesn't use the phoneline, I should be able to switch between provider services as long as they are both active. Or am I wrong?

Cheers

Spoon

0 Kudos
JitteryPinger
Super solver
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Internet down during provider transfer?

Will be fine, depends on when Plusnet have been asked to cancel the service.

If I've helped let me know 🙂

10 year's managing 9 Virgin Media accounts, and things never got any better, closed last 4 accounts since January 2021 :L

I give 'my' experience to help where possible.
Z92
Problem sorter
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

You are correct, the only problem you'll have is if your current ISP is disconnected before your Virgin service is active, so don't give your current ISP a date for cancellation until your Virgin services are in and working. If broadband is essential for you, then worse case you'll have a month where both are active. Some people who are working from home prefer to keep both active so they have a backup for when VM broadband goes down. 

0 Kudos
Yearofthespoon
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

That's great, thanks. Yeah, Plusnet are only disappearing early Saturday morning, so with Virgin connecting Friday morning, I should have the option of internet from one or both during this time, yes?

0 Kudos
JitteryPinger
Super solver
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

@Yearofthespoon wrote:

, I should have the option of internet from one or both during this time, yes?

Correct

If I've helped let me know 🙂

10 year's managing 9 Virgin Media accounts, and things never got any better, closed last 4 accounts since January 2021 :L

I give 'my' experience to help where possible.
0 Kudos