Menu
Ariel_hayoun_82
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Internet doesn't work after move

Hey. 

Hope someone around here could help out or give advice.

Following a house move the VM equipment won't connect to broadband. I've spent the last few days chasing VM support over the phone until I was told that that the old account is has been deactivated and I now have a new account number so I should receive a new quick start kit (also got an SMS with a parcel number).

Today the kit arrived and it only included an isolator cable (and obviously this whole mess is because I need to get a new Hub3 router which could access the Internet in the new address). Tried several times to call VM support to ask if I should expect another parcel but I'm getting that "due to virus quarantine, our call centers are closed" and  that's it.. There's no way to get any human being to talk to and sort this out.

Also when I log in to myvirginmedia.com I can see my old account number and that "You're not with Virgin Media anymore", obviously I have a new account number but I can't update or change that through the site and I can't register again since my email address is already taken (and not sure that's the right way to go anyways).... This is turning out to be a true nightmare, especially since every call where I can actually talk to someone takes ~1 hour wait and I've already spent 3 hours waiting on the phone today. 
Please help, I don't know how to resolve this further. Thank you.

Ariel Hayoun

Neilt11
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Internet doesn't work after move

Hi,
I am a tech working from home at the moment I would like to help you.
If you can please DM me with the account number including the area code (found at the top of the bill) I can run some test for you!

Hope this helps
Neil
Virgin Media Field Technician working from home

If you found my response useful, please give me a thumbs up!

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

Ariel_hayoun_82
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Neil.

Did you get my PM?

Thanks,
Ariel

0 Kudos
Ariel_hayoun_82
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Problem resolved - the MAC address of the Hub3 router from the old address wasn't registered with the new account in the new address. Once it was added router was able to access ISP and Internet.

Thanks all.

Ariel

0 Kudos
Meganrainbow18
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hello 

I’m having the exact same problem. Have been trying to get through to virgin for 2 days now. Could you please help? 

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

My apologies Meganrainbow18

Please text the team on +44753 305 1809 and we'll assist further.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
JordDan2020
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I have moved house recently and was told that all i had to do was plug in my old box at the new place and I'd be good to do.

Cannot connect to wifi at all.

Can someone please help.

0 Kudos
newapollo
Hero
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi JordDan2020,

Have you tried calling the Activation number?    0800 953 9500

If that  doesn't work then you need to speak to  New accounts and Set Up for them to complete the setup and activation.

That would be options 1,1,1 and 4 if dialling 150 from a Virgin landline , or options 1,1,2 and 4  if dialling 0345 4541111 from any other phone

You will need the box serial number, along with your account and area number.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos