Menu
VJG
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Internet cutting out

Joined Virgin about a month ago but now having internet problems. I keep lossing access to the internet. I have to go through the troubleshooter to reconnect. The same issue of problem with default gateway keeps appearing. It then fixes it and reconnects. getting fed up with this happening. I can be using the internet for hrs and no problem and then the next day it can disconnect every 30 mins

0 Kudos
Z92
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Internet cutting out

Is this over wired or WiFi? 

0 Kudos
VJG
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Wifi - it is very unpredictable. Some days I can be online for hours with no problems and other times I can have issues every 10 minutes from going online.

0 Kudos
Z92
Problem sorter
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

That is typically the problem with WiFi, if someone turns on a microwave or even a washing machine it can cut out your service from several seconds to several minutes at a time. It's even been known that some TVs can interfere with WiFi. How far you are from the router plays a big part as the further away you are the more interference can get in between you and the router. 

If you require a reliable connection I would suggest using a cable or you may want to try using a powerline adaptor. 

0 Kudos