Menu
Ds7777
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Internet access denied

During the first setup we encountered the flashing green light, as it supposed to be the cables problem I checked them all ,and checked them twice,everything was fine, the landlord got on the phone with VM and they apparently activated it and it should yook up to an hour to work on our side, and I should reboot the router. 

I tried after approx. 1,5h, no change,and now it is around 4 h later and still all j can see is a flashing green light (I tried rebooting it few more times )

I accessed the router setting and it says network access: blocked

Any ideas? Helpful advices?

Thank you

0 Kudos
Z92
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Internet access denied

Sounds like the activation might not have worked, I'd ring them back and tell them to try again. 

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Internet access denied

The landlord is going to have to chase up the activation again - they may not speak with you as you aren't the account holder.

Tthe equipment activation number is - 0800 953 9500 – you will need the serial number off the barcode sticker and also your account number, Call at 08.00 (Mon-Sat) or 09.00 (Sun) for the best chance of getting through quickly.

One other possibility if they say its been activated yet you cant connect ... was the connection working fine for you or a previous tenant recently? If it has just been installed and it was a "quickstart" it may be that there is actually a fault on the cable connection - as they dont check that before sending out quickstart packs.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos