cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet Speed Fluctuations: Seeking Assistance

hu2
Joining in

Hello Virgin Media community,

I hope you're all enjoying your Virgin Media services. I'm a loyal Virgin Media customer, but I've been encountering some issues with my internet connection recently that I'd like to address with the community's help. Here's the issue I'm facing:

Problem Description:

I've been subscribed to Virgin Media's broadband service for a while, and for the most part, it has been reliable. However, over the past few weeks, I've noticed some fluctuations in my internet speed that are causing disruption to my online activities. Here are the specifics:

• Description of the Issue: My internet speed seems to vary throughout the day. Sometimes, it's lightning-fast, and other times, it slows down significantly, making it challenging to stream videos, participate in video calls, or even browse websites without delays.

• Equipment: I'm using the Virgin Media Hub [mention the model] for my internet connection.

• Steps Taken: To troubleshoot the problem, I've rebooted my modem, checked for loose cables, and even contacted Virgin Media support, but the issue persists.

• Expected Internet Speed: Naturally, I expect a consistent and reliable internet speed as per my subscribed plan, especially during peak usage hours.

• Frequency and Reproducibility: These speed fluctuations happen at different times of the day and on various devices. It's become a regular occurrence, affecting my online experience.

Request for Assistance:

I'm reaching out to this helpful Virgin Media community to seek assistance because I'm eager to resolve these internet speed fluctuations and ensure a smooth online experience. If any of you have encountered similar issues or have insights into diagnosing and improving internet speed with Virgin Media, your expertise and suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Please feel free to share your experiences, potential solutions, or steps I can take to diagnose and address this issue. Your assistance will be invaluable in ensuring that my Virgin Media internet connection remains reliable.

2 REPLIES 2

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi hu2,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, sorry to see you are facing some differences in the speed you are getting, I was unable to locate you on our system with the details we have for you.

So I can help further I will send you an invite into a private chat, look out for the white envelope to start.

Regards

Paul.

hu2
Joining in

Got my answer thanks.