Menu
VimBlast
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Internet: Access Denied

I have just moved house, took the new kit with me, set up a date for setup. "Activated" by a text (although I don't believe it's been activated) and when I log into the router under 192.168.0.1 it tells me that the internet: access denied.

I don't believe it's been activated as there is 3 outlets in this house that are all virgin media. I have tried all 3 and none of them work. It gives me the same error.

Is there anything I can do about this, I don't believe it's an engineer problem to sort out. I reckon it's a activation switch on their end and potentially a deactivation on my last address?

I have rang them, got put on hold, kicked off the line, told there's nothing they can do etc. Finally got through to a tech support and they are sending an engineer out. I was just wondering If I could be right with the activation switch on their end and if it's on the correct property.

I'm fed up of ringing up now with useless customer service agents that don't care. On hold for 4 hours (getting kicked off 50mins into the wait time every single time).

Anyone got any ideas I can try, willing to do anything?

0 Kudos
jpeg1
Superstar
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Internet: Access Denied

Does your on-line account show your new address?

0 Kudos
VimBlast
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I don't mean to sound stupid but where do I look to find that?

0 Kudos
jpeg1
Superstar
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Log into your account at My Virgin Media. You'll need to use your phone if the broadband isn't working. It will show the date of your last contract change.

If it doesn't show a very recent date, they haven't moved you.

0 Kudos
VimBlast
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Found it! Yeah it changed on the 19th December and I've just checked the address, it is correct! So, the previous people that lived here, could their contract still be linked to this house which could stop my hub from working?

0 Kudos
jpeg1
Superstar
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

There is, officially, a 14 day delay between the previous contract being terminated and the new one starting. 

You may be lucky and have a VM person picking this thread up and getting it sorted, but don't hold your breath. 

0 Kudos
VimBlast
Tuning in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your help, let's hope the VM god's see me!

0 Kudos