cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intermittent signal

jbobly
Joining in

Keep getting intermittent signal for TV and broadband, engineer has been out, replaced parts but the signal is no better.

Phone the 150 number and all I get is, "wait 24hours" well as it's been over two weeks now and I feel that we're being punished for receiving the service we originally asked for.

So as this issue has been going on for over two weeks and an engineer has replaced most of our VM kit, surely you need to be looking deeper into the cause of the problem?

2 REPLIES 2

Scarag
Joining in

I have been having this for months. I’ve had various bits of cables added in, bits taken out. Lovely engineer here for ages today did lots, inside and out, including some ancient box thing taken off and replaced he said should have been done at installation and was pretty appalled wasn’t, and seemed thoroughly disgusted none of the multiple engineers I’ve had out since haven’t done it either. He seemed so certain it should have been fixed. Disgusted to find nothing really working 3 hours later and a download speed of 7mbps on a 200mpbs contract. And of course by the time I’d gone through all the rigmarole of checking all the connections, just in case he’d left something loose, restarting everything and doing the tests again on Virgin and finding I still had problems, plus getting through their security questions to be told I had an engineer coming by an automated message (err what?), hang up and do the whole thing again to try and speak to someone, they’ve shut. Remember when they used to be open really late? What happened to that? Do they not realise not everyone works a 9 to 5 but everyone needs WiFi?! I hate Virgin so much. And they expect me to stick with them when they want to increase my prices by more than 100% in a few months and my services literally haven’t worked properly since I got this contract? Unbelievable.

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Good Morning @jbobly, thanks for your post on our Community Forums, and a very warm welcome to you!

Sorry to hear of the ongoing issues with the TV and broadband services.

Can you tell me if the TV issues are in relation to the broadband struggles? Or is Live TV also effected?

Have you been able to set up a broadband quality monitor, so we can look into the disconnections and intermittent service?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn