cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intermittent service (constantly)

nippa77
Joining in

Since having to switch to Virgin due to no real fibre providers in our new house in a village in Warwickshire, we have had consistently ’intermittent service’ where we have hours of no broadband or phoneline.

the service checker offers nothing and the ‘trouble shooter’ suggests we just restart our router. 
I would rather have slower speed consistently than super fast and then nothing.

When will this be fixed properly?

7 REPLIES 7

Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi nippa77, thanks for the message and welcome to the forums. 

I am sorry to hear that there is an intermittent connection and there is no outages in the area. 

I have looked into this and can see that you have a visit booked, please let us know how it goes?

Kind regards Chris. 

nippa77
Joining in

The irony is strong, if I had answered this yesterday when I first got the notification I would have said that since the engineer visit, we have had no issues, for the first time since signing up, we had 5-6 days of uninterrupted usage.

However, today we are back to Yo-Yo connections once more…

it’s getting boring

Thanks for letting us know of the ongoing issues @nippa77  😔 I can certainly understand the frustration with this.

I have checked our system and cannot see any issues with the connection from here. I'd recommend signing into our service page here with your My VM details to run a fault test with the equipment. If an engineer is needed the option to book this will be given.

If you have no luck with that, please check our further connection support page here.

If none of these help, please let us know. We'll be happy to assist further.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

Update…two engineer visits and a complete switch of all equipment within the house, including new connection to the outside box…service is still intermittent.

Another engineer visit booked for tomorrow, in which they will fail to fix the issue, because it is a network problem…it simply does not work

utter shambles! And, once again, if I had a choice of fibre providers, there is no way in this earth I would choose this shower!

Hi @nippa77, thank you for your post.

We're sorry to hear you're continuing to experience intermittent service and that you feel this way 😔

How did the engineer visit go yesterday? Do you feel like you're any further forward in terms of getting the issue resolved?

Please pop back to us whenever you're ready.

Regards,
Daniel

engineer visit yesterday was fine, lovely chap (I feel like I know him now!) and as predicted everything in the house was fine.

he scheduled a network engineer to come out and, credit where it’s due, he has been out and just left, telling me he has replaced everything in the ‘pit’ in the pavement.

we’ll see how it goes from here.

cheers

Thanks for the update @nippa77.

Do please keep us in the loop moving forward, and we'll do all we can to assist where possible.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn