Menu
Pumpkinhead
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Intermittent internet.

My internet is a bit of a mystery, on/off randomly throughout the day. By on/off I mean at any point in the day the connection would constantly drop then recover. The drops would last seconds to 15 minutes or so, the recoveries are the same. This on/off could last anywhere from minutes to a couple of hours.

When the internet is down the light on the router remains red. If I use my phone to log into my account and check ‘service status’, after running the test I am informed that there are no problems.

About a month ago a gardener cut the cable whilst trimming the hedge. A VM engineer came and fixed the cable, ran a series of tests and declared my internet all well and good. A couple of weeks later the on/off issue returned, however, the drops and recoveries were very short, both seconds to a few minutes. Over the last 4-5 days though this has been getting worse.

Ass you can imagine this is really annoying. No/intermittent internet also affects my VM TV (bookmarks, catch-up, on demand), streaming services and also my home-auto system.

I would appreciate some help please.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Emma_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Intermittent internet.

Hi Pumpkinhead, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community. 

I'm really sorry that you're having some issues with the internet, I can appreciate the frustration. 

I'd also like to apologise for the delay in getting back in touch, we have been busier than usual. 

I've had a look at the back end of things and it's all looking good from here, can you confirm if this issue still persists now? 

Let us know and we'll see what else we can do to help. 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos