Menu
SueP53
Tuning in
Message 1 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Intermittent broadband

Can anyone help with intermittent broad band in KT17? I am trying to get an answer about what is going on, or when the problems will be sorted out. This has been going on for about three months

0 Kudos
gary_dexter
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Re: Intermittent broadband

What does the service status page say?

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos
SueP53
Tuning in
Message 3 of 19
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

It says the re is an area fault and the engineers are working to fix it. Nothing about when they expect it to be fixed. I have an elderly friend in the area who is getting very distressed.

0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Hi Sue,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community, sorry to hear there has been a area issue and that you have only been abled to find limited information in regards to the fix for both you and your Friend who was getting distressed. 

I have tried to have a look our end however I wasn't able to find your detail's with the information we have for you.

How are things today, if you are still facing the same are there any updates on our  Service Status page?

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
SueP53
Tuning in
Message 5 of 19
Flag for a moderator

You can't find me as it's not my area I am reporting, and I have a secondary account.. My friend still only gets broadband for a few hours each morning or afternoon. No definite date has been given for when the work will be completed. It has been happening since early March. Her address is [MOD EDIT: REMOVED]

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Hi Sue,

If you can provide a post code for your friend I will be happy to see what is going on and see if there is a update available?

Please can you remove her Email address as this is a public page and is available to the community.

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
SueP53
Tuning in
Message 7 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Sorry!

0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 19
Flag for a moderator

No worries Sue, if you can provide a full post code I will be able to check this for you?

Regards

Paul. 

0 Kudos
SueP53
Tuning in
Message 9 of 19
Flag for a moderator

KT17 4AR

0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Hi Sue,

The issue in the area is a SNR ( Signal to Noise Ratio) and the effects are as follows, You might find that your Virgin Fibre, Virgin TV or TiVo® services are intermittent, with the picture freezing or disappearing now and then.

This was raised on 04/05/21 and the estimated fix time which may change is 27 MAY 2021 @ 10:00.

SNR is generally caused by a faulty or damaged cable within the network and can take a while to locate and when found does usually need a permit from the council to carry out the work needed.

Please send our apologies and advise our technicians will get this resolved ASAP.

regards

Paul.

0 Kudos