Menu
Wattsenhausen12
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Intermittent broadband connection

I've had really bad issues the last few days with my Broadband - it's kicking me out a couple of times every hour.  There are only two devices in my house, I'm sat at a desk right next to the hub, the lights on the hub are all on, there are no apparent service issues in my area, I've rebooted the hub, I've restarted the hub with factory settings, and all to no avail.  Every so often the wi-fi signal will just drop and I have to start again.  I haven't had any issues with this all year, and unfortunately the tips are just sending me round in circles now, there are only so many times you can reboot per day.

Any ideas? 

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Intermittent broadband connection

I assume these are all happening on wifi connections? Can you check on a computer/laptop connected directly to the Hub with a good Cat5e/6/7 ethernet cable and see if that stable when wifi drops.

Also - what Hub model do you have?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos