cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intermittent Broadband Issues

ModTeam

Hi all,

Unfortunately we have seen a repeat of an earlier issue which is causing intermittent broadband connectivity problems for some Virgin Media customers. We apologise again to those impacted our teams are continuing to work flat out to find the root cause of the problem and fix it.

Regards,

Community Moderator Team 

6 REPLIES 6

Wendolene
On our wavelength

I am glad you posted this. I was thinking my equipment was playing up. My Ring alarm is going nuts, keeps reporting online/offline!

Will this issue also affect O2 routing too? Can’t understand why my Ring alarm isn’t dropping to mobile backup, it usually does.  

Yes it is best to stand up and be honest. Well done for that.

We have switched to Google Public DNS and for the moment that is us giving decent but not perfect results.

JohnGW75
On our wavelength

Better than being hung up on 3 times whilst trying to get an updatem then twice when asking to be put through retentions, shambles of a company

@JohnGW75 wrote:

Better than being hung up on 3 times whilst trying to get an updatem then twice when asking to be put through retentions, shambles of a company

Ah no, no, we have had it on good authority from more than one member of the forum staff (VM employees) that, naturally no member of ‘the Team’, (as apparently they have to refer to them as) would ever, ever, deliberately hang up on a customer!

The implication, naturally being, that anyone who claims that they were, is well, obviously outright lying - such is the degree of esteem that VM have for their customers!

Something, you might well want to consider in any further dealing with Virgin Media, and/or, when they call you (probably) making ever more attractive offers to stay with themM

@Client62 wrote:

Yes it is best to stand up and be honest. Well done for that.

We have switched to Google Public DNS and for the moment that is us giving decent but not perfect results.

I've used Quad9 (9.9.9.9) for years without a problem, got it configured on my router so that all connected devices use it. One thing I like is that it provides another layer of security as Quad9 will block the majority of malicious websites, claiming to block over 100 million such sites daily.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I use Cloudflared module with PiHole and this uses 1.1.1.1, but over HTTPS.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2