forumarchive,nothingtosee,
Menu
Rachparker22
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Intelligent wifi pod - black spot

Hey!

We have broadband 350 and it works great in everyone’s room apart from the bedroom to the rear of the house. It reaches up to the attic room fine, but not up one floor and about 20 ft back.

We had the old boosters and it just about worked ok, but on changing to the new Intelligent WI-FI pods, we just can’t get Wi-Fi to that room.  

We have a BT Whole Home set of discs which we had been using to help the Wi-Fi speeds and obviously took this out and turned it off when connecting the new Pod so we know it’s not interfering with that.

Any ideas? We live in a Victorian terrace so maybe denser walls? (Can you tell I have literally no clue what the problem is 🤣)

Any suggestions would be great. We have tried plugging the Pod in, halfway between the Hub and the black spot (back bedroom), but as we have no plugs in the hall, it has to go into the front bedroom, as that’s the only plug that isn’t covered by a bed.

0 Kudos
jpeg1
Community elder
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Intelligent wifi pod - black spot

Why not put the Whole Home back if they were working well?

0 Kudos
Rachparker22
Tuning in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

The BT Whole Home discs reach that room, but it’s really intermittent. We thought the Pod might help get some the Wi-Fi signal into that room.

I really think that we might just need to get a socket put into the Hallway and then plug a BT disc in there and it’ll work fine. It’s just my 1900’s dodgy wiring set up I think! 🤣 

Thanks for your reply. 

0 Kudos
-tony-
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

where are you siting the pod - i found with mine that moving it even a few feet could affect coverage - so try it in different sockets between the hub and the black spot - it should work in an extension as all its using the mains for is power unlike the boosters so try in an extension to [hopefully] find a spot it gives the coverage you want

Tony
0 Kudos
jpeg1
Community elder
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

The way to use the Whole Home, or any similar mesh device, is not to put the extra device in the room with poor signal. It can't work well that way.

Put it in a room next door where there is a better signal, and it will then push the coverage into where it's needed. 

You can move all the discs around and reset them until you get the best arrangement. 

0 Kudos
Rachparker22
Tuning in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Ah ok, I haven’t tried an extension as thought that would affect its performance, but what you’ve said makes total sense.

I’ll give it a whirl. Thank you 🙂

0 Kudos