Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Installion mess

Afternoon,

My Virgin media was installed yesterday evening at around 5pm. I've had issues with the picture quality etc.

I've gone to look at the install at the outside of the house and the it's a complete bloody mess. The wires aren't pinned between the groove of the brickwork (straight) to the wall and pins left everywhere to which the dog has walked onto one.

To make matters worse the house phone wont work through the router!

Get me off this service now!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Legend
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Installion mess

Speak to Retentions on 150 or 0345 454 1111 - options 1-1-4-4 "Thinking of leaving" - they are open 08:00 until 21:00 BUT calling early between 08.00-10.00  midweek is best, when you will usually get a UK call centre with staff more informed and helpful. They seem to have the power of God over other departments.

***********************************************************************************************************************************

Mike Robinson
Aircraft Engineer & Computer Based Training and Learning Designer for many of the world's Military Arms.

My Broadband Ping - 26_Aug_2020
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Post up some photos of the "mess" so that the VM staff can see the problem and try and sort it for you without cancelling

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

No surprise there.

I drilled the hole through wall myself before the enginner arrived to prevent a massive blowout. I seen these guys use hammer drilled and blow out the brick/motor with a large hole.

I drilled the hole slowly no mess and told the enginner how long the cable should be and leave..I will clip on the wall myself. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Good Afternoon Nova1989,

Thanks for your post and I'm terribly sorry to see that you've been having issues with your service as well as of course the mess that the engineer's having made during the install.

I'm going to drop you a PM and we'll seek to get this resolved for you

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

0 Kudos