cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing another broadband line (different Virgin media account)

shadmanjr
Joining in

Hi,

I would like to have Gig1 Fibre installed to the premises, but we already have another Virgin media broadband connection to the house from my dad's account. I am a new Virgin media customer, would it be possible for me to get Gig1 Fibre installed in addition to the broadband already in place? I do not mind paying the additional internet bill.

Many thanks

Shadman

4 REPLIES 4

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You can certainly have 2 connections to one location, as you say 2 bills and 2 accounts. The only difficulty could be customer services who have told customers in the past that it cannot be done.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @shadmanjr 

Welcome to the community forums 

It's great to hear that you're looking to sign up with us yourself. 

Unfortunately, we do not offer two residential accounts at the same address and would not be able to install this if there is already an active broadband service at the address.

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Roger_Gooner
Alessandro Volta

Sales can certainly agree to two accounts at the same address, after all it's more money for VM. The tech who installs it will check that the signal levels are good as the cable will need to be split.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi shadmanjr,

Thank you for reaching out, as advised by Tudor and Roger it is possible to have a 2nd account in one address however there are certain criteria to be taken into consideration as advise above like power levels ETC.

We would advise speaking to our Sales team directly on 0800 183 1234 so they can look further into this for you.

Regards

Paul.