cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing VM on private road

Kierannield
Joining in

Have just purchased a property on a private road. The adjoining road has a virgin fibre supply but the private road does not. Possibility for 8 extra connections down the private road. How do I go about getting a virgin connection 

18 REPLIES 18

goslow
Alessandro Volta

Past topics about installations on private roads suggest that VM isn't too interested in connecting those due to wayleave/permission issues and VM's installation costs versus returns on a small number of potential customers are not that great (depending on digging distances involved).

Some suggested contact info below

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/QuickStart-set-up-and/Why-can-t-I-get-virgin-media-all-my-neigh...

at message #3 from last week (but be prepared for a circular path of VM non-communication)

Some other topics have mentioned possible cable access via BT underground ducts where VM and BT have an agreement in place to share access.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/QuickStart-set-up-and/Where-to-find-pre-pull-date/td-p/4951862

One of the forum team may offer to provide further info within a day or two.

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If VM are unwilling, Openreach will quote for FTTPoD. However be prepared and have deep pockets. You can get up to 900/110 with Openreach based ISP’s 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @Kierannield,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post your issue on the forums.
I would be able to check this with our network expansion teams to check the possibility of providing service to your private road but would need to confirm a few details via a private message, that I will drop over in a moment.
Please look out for the private message and we can get started.
Regards,
Steven_L

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for confirming your details via private message @Kierannield.

I have sent an email off to the teams in your area to see if they can provide any information about the availability of services on your private road.

I will be back in touch once, I have a further update.

Regards,

Steven_L

Hi @Steven_L

We are in exactly the same situation, where we are moving to a house which is on a private road. 

We've been a VM customer for over 10 years and would love to continue but unfortunately there is no service on this road. 

Is it possible for someone to take a look at the details and see if there are any future plans? 

Thanks

Hey ms31, thank you for reaching out.

I will reach out with a PM to take some details from you.

Please look out for the purple envelope. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Hi Steven. Please could I get a private message? I have the same issue, I need installation on a private road, thank you

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Jason_Giles, 

Thank you for getting in touch with us here on the community. 

I am sorry to hear you are having issues getting installed, we will be happy to help. 

I will just need to take some details via private message so I will pop this over to the purple envelope on the top right of this page. 

Speak soon, 

Nat

Hi, I am also in the same position as above. It would be good to know the options available for this. There are 13 houses down my private road too - I'm sure there are neighbours with the desire to move to Virgin.