cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation

Sabrina09
Just joined

virgin convinced me to change over from sky. I gave my 30 days notice but the installation process is like nothing I’ve ever experienced before. The customer service is the worst I have ever came across. I live in a 4 in a block house so virgin ask me to ask the neighbour if they wanted to have the installation in there garden (they refused) so I said they could bring the fibre up my drive way. I was booked in for the 30th July the contractor (1guy) took one look at the drive way and pass this back. Then on phoning virgin they advices I need to get permission from my neighbour as this affects their land. My house is bought and the drive is mine. They then send somebody from they waiver to speak to the neighbours (obviously going up the drive is to much hassle) the neighbour at 57 gave permission. I’ve been phoning virgin from the 9th July to be told they have raised a complaint and a manager with call back with 1hour. 24 hours 24.48 hours to 9 o’clock the next day. I’ve been credited £100 £50 and £25 to my account but nobody can tell me when services will be installed. I have explained to each call handler I have an autistic child and having no services is causes meltdowns. I was suppose to have a external installation today between 8/1 and then again at 1/6. On my app it’s showing my app not until 30 aug. I’ve tried to explain I cant wait that long. I’ve tried to be passed to a complaints dept but virgin don’t seem to have a complaints dept. Does anybody know what dept I could contact to get some answers as am at the point am thinking I should just ask sky to put my services back on. 

3 REPLIES 3

goslow
Alessandro Volta

Have a read through some of the other topics on this 'Quick Start' forum regarding the installation of cables. Unfortunately, there are dozens which are similar to your own situation at the moment. Some of the other topics on the forums about cable (non) installations have been going on for months. You might want to think about some kind of backup plan in case the VM installation does not proceed as planned.

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Can you get Sky to extend your old contract until Virgin is connected and working? That's what others have done. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Sabrina09

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

I am sorry for the install issues. Upon checking the system you were installed yesterday - can you confirm everything all sorted and working?

Let me know if you need further assistance.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill