cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation

Davemarsden132
Joining in

Hi,

I live on a new build estate currently serviced by BT, i am wanting virgin you serve the houses at the end of the street but not mine. From the end to my house is 95% grass. 

Is there any way to get virgin installed to my home? I am willing to pay installation fee even if its £1000. I really want virgin and hate BT! 

Is it possible for someone to come out and assess if it is possible to install virgin? 

I imagine most of my estate would use virgin tv and internet also as i have spoke to them all and they would much prefer that to what we have now as BT is expensive. There is approx 100 houses on the estate. 

14 REPLIES 14

They put cable in public land all the time - the footpath.

As long as it is dug in, it is the same as being laid in a footpath. 

Montieous
Joining in

Well, I've not got a response back yet.

Maybe in a few more years I will get lucky.....

It becomes more difficult when you are installing utility cables where utility cables should not be installed, such as in fields.

Agreed, though in my case it is installing cables in underground conduits that already exist, granted, these conduits are most likely managed/owned by Openreach so that may cause issues.

From my perspective, they are appending an additional 50 or so properties onto existing infrastructure that stopped at the original end of the road. You would think this would be one of the easier extensions.

I suspect since the road has the same name and the same post code it has simply been overlooked.

Z92
Trouble shooter

Openreach conduits are typically not big enough for VM cable, only VM fiber. 

So it may mean that they'll need to dig to extend the network, and that's assuming the existing network has sufficient capacity, else they'll have to upgrade that first so it then becomes if the expansion will bring in sufficient revenue.