Menu
Bendeestripe
Joining in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Installation

I've recently had the Virgin media service installed at my home they made a very bad mess outside of my home.

I want/need someone to come and look at it,but don't know who do I get in touch with because it difficult to get through to anyone. Any suggestions?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Z92
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Installation

Post pics here and vm staff can forward to the local area manager. Could take a week or more so you'd need to be patient. 

Or you can keep trying the normal customer services. 

0 Kudos
Bendeestripe
Joining in
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Have contacted CS, but everyone seems to be working from home and nothing gets chased up.

Do you have a number I could call?

0 Kudos
JitteryPinger
Super solver
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Unfortunately not, the best way to get this actioned is posting pictures and descriptions here and the team in the background will be able to email this directly to local area managers to resolve

If I've helped please let me know 🙂 Matt

A 10+ Year Virgin Media veteran, been here through the Up's and the Down's and Down's....
Vodafone 5G EE BQM Hub 4 BQM Hub 3 BQM Hitron CGNV4 BQM TT BQM

Technical Support - AV & Networking - Customer Service - Finance - Culinary - Construction
Bendeestripe
Joining in
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your help. I've returned home now and have a few pic's of what I mean.....

Drilling through the wall broke bricksDrilling through the wall broke bricksHole is neither sealed and "White Cap" plate is on the floor.Hole is neither sealed and "White Cap" plate is on the floor.Poorly sited installationPoorly sited installation

Brava210
Superfast
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

looks like the plate has come away from the silicone, but it is a bit of a poor show - cable wise

Virgin 350 Hub 3, 3 x V6, TP-Link Deco AX20 x1, M5 x2 - United Artists/Telewest/VM Since 1990
Bendeestripe
Joining in
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Lol....the plate was never attached!!

@Brava210 wrote:

looks like the plate has come away from the silicone, but it is a bit of a poor show - cable wise

@Brava210 wrote:

0 Kudos
JitteryPinger
Super solver
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

These companies don't care for anything but making the connection, I don't let them drill any of my properties, I do it for them prior to their arrival.

Unfortunately the engineers at the forefront are the ones who suffer the brunt even though they are just doing as they're told and being put against the clock always.

If I've helped please let me know 🙂 Matt

A 10+ Year Virgin Media veteran, been here through the Up's and the Down's and Down's....
Vodafone 5G EE BQM Hub 4 BQM Hub 3 BQM Hitron CGNV4 BQM TT BQM

Technical Support - AV & Networking - Customer Service - Finance - Culinary - Construction
Brava210
Superfast
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I beg to differ, the plate must have been stuck to the silicone at some point?

But it is a bit messy

Virgin 350 Hub 3, 3 x V6, TP-Link Deco AX20 x1, M5 x2 - United Artists/Telewest/VM Since 1990
0 Kudos
Bendeestripe
Joining in
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

To be honest, since shielding, only had a look a day later after installation. The plate was on the floor and not even stuck on. I suspect with it being so badly installed, the cable snagged on the inside when he pulled the cable through the wall. 

Compared to my neighbour and some I've seen, this is a very poor installation.

0 Kudos