Menu
carl369
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Installation

My order was placed on 08/01/21 with a connection date of 29/01/21 and I have still not been connected. When I look at my account it keeps saying there is a 'service request' appointment which keeps changing everyday. I understand there should be construction work to be done but no-one has informed me of anything. My current broadband provider contract has finished. What can I do? Cannot get through to anyone.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Installation

The date that keeps changing is for the two-man cable pull from your property to the cabinet. As stated this needs two people, which with current restrictions is causing delays. At least it’s better than Openreach who have stopped installs completely.

Once this is done you should get a “firm” date for the final install. The advice when switching to Virgin or any other supplier not using the Openreach network is to overlap your services in case of unforeseen problems.

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
carl369
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks. Is there anyway I can find out exactly when the cable pull date will be? 

Thanks for your help

0 Kudos
Z92
Problem sorter
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Not exactly but if you keep pestering you will be given a date, but the date may be changed at last minute due to lack of staff and the fact that a lot is done by outside contractors that Virgin have no control over. 

So if Internet is critical for you, look into a mobile data plan whilst you wait. It might be tomorrow, next week, in a month, or later. 

0 Kudos