Menu
Laizu
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Installation

My installation date was today and the engineer said he need to order cables and external box which is very dissapointing since I specifically indicated that we don't have an external box when I ordered online and customer support team called  1 week after I placed the order to verify if I can self install it. It would be better if they already anticipated and checked prior to installation date what are the things needed.Now I would have to wait for ANOTHER MONTH for them to install it.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Z92
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Installation

Do you have a question? 

0 Kudos
Laizu
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Yeah, Do they have a system that indicates houses that have external box already? I'm frustrated that they did not anticipate that. I waited 1 month before for the installation and now another month?
0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

@Laizu wrote:
Yeah, Do they have a system that indicates houses that have external box already?

Yes.  Well at least in their big computer, they know whether there has been an active VM connection to your property previously. Do you know whether that was the case and it hasn't just been removed by a previous occupant ?

If so they will offer you a quick start pack - did they do that?  If not they will schedule an engineer team to install who should know there has been no previous connection and do it in the required sequence of "stages".

So not sure why you fell through the cracks.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos