Menu
Srinova
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Installation?

I’ll be moving to a new build property in the next few months and I know that the street off which my new road will come has Virgin Media. I’m also aware that the development will have openreach FTTP so I know there’s ducting to the property. 

I wondered if it would be likely VM would branch off the other road (probably only about 25m away) to connect the new houses, including mine? Thanks!

0 Kudos
Christy_D
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Installation?

Hi there

I'll take a look for you.

I will pop you a private message to take some details and check our system

Thanks

Christy

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
lynseyh1981
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Installation?

Just be aware that what VM tell you before you move and what they tell you once you've moved can be two very different things.

Here's my house move tale of woe involving bad info and the need for construction work - it's been six weeks and we have no internet and no decent comms from Virgin about when we'll get some:

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/QuickStart-set-up-and/Moved-House-No-Internet-Since-10th-Nov/m-...

I notice a VM staffer answered your question in less than 7mins. I've been posting on these forums about our issue for weeks now trying to get some help and my posts are just ignored. It's extremely frustrating.

I'd definitely consider the OpenReach option seriously and also have a 4G back-up plan ready. You may need it.

0 Kudos