Menu
kjp25
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Installation

I am due to have broadband, phone and TV installed on 19 Dec 2020 but I am concerned it will be delayed as the pre-pull installation has yet to happen. Initially I was told my property had already been acquired and a pre-pull was not necessary but, after a lot of insisting that there were no VM cables within the boundary of the property, one was finally arranged. That was meant to occur on 10 Dec but the engineers did not arrive. I called again on 13 Dec and was told engineers were expected that same day but still no-one turned up.

As I also have been unable to register for a My Virgin Media account (apparently like many others on this forum), I cannot see the installation details on my account and whether anything has been rescheduled. The error message after confirming the desired Web Safe settings is:

"Sorry!

We are not able to set up your my Virgin Media account at the moment. Please try again later, or you can also set up your my Virgin Media account at the time of your broadband installation. We are looking forward to connecting you to your superfast broadband."

Can a moderator look in to this please and confirm the installation will go ahead as planned, advise on when the pre-pull installation will take place and ideally assist with creation of a My Virgin Media account so I can view these details and use the services once installation does happen.

0 Kudos
Z92
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Installation

The cable pull can happen at any time up to and including the date of installation. If it doesn't for some reason (eg. blocked duct) then the installation will be rescheduled, most likely for January. 

0 Kudos
kjp25
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Installation

So, unsurprisingly, the engineer arrived on the 19th to install and promptly left when he found the pre-pull had not yet been done. Further calls to the pre-install team and they advised this would be escalated to the field area manager to be prioritised. Apparently, that meant the pre-pull would no longer be actioned by a 3rd party team and I should expect to hear directly from the field area manager within a day or so. New install date scheduled for 28 Dec.

No contact from the field area manager so called back, this time to be "assured" that the rescheduled install would definitely go ahead on the 28th and the pre-pull was scheduled to happen by that day. Promised a call back once the field area manager had responded to the internal email he had been sent. Didn't believe a word of it and the callback never came, so waited for the engineer to obviously arrive on his own today, shake his head when finding there are no cables in place and dispair how this happens so often. Supposedly, I am now meant to contact customer services again (no doubt having to wait in a queue for over an hour) to be read the same script and no actual progress.

Probably time to prepare alternatives. Anyone from the Forum team able to help? 

0 Kudos