Menu
abnara
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Installation

Hi,

i had Virgin broadband installed by their engineer on 10/10/20. He pulled cable to property and then inside house to the hub. But it showed that the broadband service is not active. He raised the issue to his department and left. I also put a complaint online on 10/10/20. I did not hear anything from virgin media and updated online my situation with no active virgin broadband services on 14/10/20. On 15/10/2, while checking my virgin account online, it showed bill details with service activation date mentioned as 10/10/20. Virgin's online broadband check shows I have no active internet connection. On 15/10/20, I tried calling and got hold of an agent after 45min who was least bothered to hear my situation and transferred to wrong department! finally got hold of a useful agent after spending more than 1.5 hours but she could not help as technical team had left.

My questions to any virgin media professionals in this community:

1) What is the complaint handling process in virgin media? I do not expect immediate reply but almost 6 days since I complained and no one has updated me when my broadband will be activated. 

2) I am now paying big amount for maintaining my broadband with different provider. What is the compensation for delayed service activation after installation?

i am really upset and will appreciate any suggestions to get an update from virgin media.

Regards,

A

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Installation

You can cancel the contract with no financial penalty within 14 days of installation. There ought to have been a cancellation form in your "welcome pack"

Call it in on 150 (VM Phone) or 0345 454 1111 or (any other phone) - follow options 1-1-4-4 "Thinking of leaving" when you should get through to the people who can help you sort it one way or another.

Calling at 08.00 midweek -- is the best time - although people are still reporting getting through fine at other times with no long waits. Took 20’ for me recently.

If it is just a Hub activation issue - the equipment activation number is... 0800 953 9500

You can also text them on 07533 051809 include account name/number and what the issue is – replies may take longer

A VM person should pick this up here and respond, but it can take several days for them to get here.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
abnara
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thank you John.
0 Kudos
Z92
Problem sorter
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Note that it can take "upto 28 days" for vm to reply to your complaint so take note and instead ring the UK thinking of leaving team above and if you are still not happy request to cancel. Your 14 days didn't start until your service is in and working so should not have started yet but it probably has and they've most likely assumed 10th as the start date so don't delay too long! 

0 Kudos
abnara
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thank you. Finally got hold of them. The problem is the construction company did not connect the cables to the cabinet despite twice confirming in the past that cable pre pull is good. They are supposed to be checking the same today. If it is not resolved in next couple of days, I will cancel the contract within 14 days from 10/10. The problem is wasting time over phone speaking to some agents who have no clue at all and the calls are being transferred to wrong departments!
0 Kudos
David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Good Afternoon abnara, thanks for your post and a very warm welcome to our Community Forums!

Sorry to see you've been having issues with the installation.

Looking into the account, it appears that we've been able to rearrange the installation for you after chatting to you today

Is there any further information or assistance you need from us via this thread?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

0 Kudos
abnara
Joining in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi David,

Thank you for the reply. After multiple phone calls and making complaints, finally the cable issue is sorted and I got active broadband since 27th Oct evening. There was communication failure between virgin media and the construction team. I have also clarified with the billing and cancellation team that my billing cycle and contract terms should start from 27th Oct, when I received active broadband instead of 10th Oct. Hope these will be followed up. I may contact if running into any trouble. 

Regards,

A

0 Kudos