I have now tried to get virgin instead twice, and both times unsuccessful due to "construction delays" even though I had a successful pre-site survey each time and it was known what was needed to be done.
After 2 weeks now after my GUARANTEED installation date, I have been on the phone for hours on end and going in circles getting transferred from one team to another.
Today the area manager was meant to phone me, I was guaranteed this by an advisor, and I haven't heard a thing and most likely won't.
This is an absolute joke and would like something resolved ASAP as I am currently without any broadband and am meant to be working from home.
May I also add this is costing virgin media £5 every day according to Ofcom regulations.
Only going by what I've been told over the phone by multiple different advisors!
I did cancel last time but only after waiting 3 months! It was due to the same "construction issues" which is simply laying the cable from the duct to my house which is the distance of 2 mid terraced houses, not a massive difference.
As Z92 said they were alomost certainly awaiting council permission to do the digging. If the previous one was during lockdown its no surprise that wasnt forthcoming quickly. Since cancelling you have reset the clock. May be quicker but 2-3 months is not unusual for some local councils (some are quicker) and after that then VM need to assign and schedule new digging and installation teams.
The Pre-installation and delivery team may have more info? On.. 0800 052 1734
-------------------- John --------------------
I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
Hi a9w6k, thanks for getting in touch - sorry for the delayed response.
Sorry for the delay with your installation too, I appreciate this will be far from ideal.
Taking a look into it today I can see this is due to delays with construction work required to complete the installation. An email was sent to the construction teams yesterday to chase this up, with an update expected 24-48hrs from that point. I will double check this when I return to work at the weekend, if there's been no further progress we'll contact the teams in the area and see if we can help push things along.