Menu
shaunawalsh99
Tuning in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Installation

our installation date is too far away, is there a way we can pick up the router and install it ourselves?

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Installation

Have you got VM cables coming into the property ?

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
shaunawalsh99
Tuning in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Sorry i’m clueless - I’m not sure how do i check that?

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Look on the exterior walls for a brown or grey box with a black cable going in to it from ground level.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
shaunawalsh99
Tuning in
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

thank you! it doesn’t appear we do though

0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

That’s why you have a long install date, as the installation will be in two parts.

The initial date will be a 2 man cable pull team to pull the cable from the street cabinet.

The second one will be the single manned internal install which will be your service start date.

A word of caution. If any ducting blockages are found at the cable pull this could cause significant further delays. If you are switching providers it would be a good idea not to cancel with your existing provider until the cable pull is successfully completed.

Blockages are fairly rare, but they are a major inconvenience when they do happen.

VM BB TV Landline PAYG mobile. Freeview/Freesat HD, Tesco Mobile. Customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Z92
Problem sorter
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

then you need to wait, Virgin internet doesn't connect to your phone socket like DSL-based providers, they require a dedicated connection. So even if you picked up a hub you would have nowhere to connect it to. 

You need to wait for an engineer to cable your property. 

Manveer1361
Joining in
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Was told installing was gonna be 09/10/2020

But when calling up they had no info for me regarding when the broadband was gonna be installed explaining there was an issue the engineer found 

but further said they had no info on when broadband gonna be fitted which is a major Issue having no broadband 

0 Kudos
Z92
Problem sorter
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

If the engineer has found an issue it may be an issue with the underground ducting which may need construction works. 

I'd wait 6 - 8 weeks and then ring customer services ago to see if there is any news as this is the typical time frame. 

0 Kudos
Manveer1361
Joining in
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Understandable if there’s an issue 

but have contact customer service who didn’t really have an idea and wasn’t very helpful in explaining situation 

but further waiting 8 weeks just for a response means a further two weeks from there without broadband 

0 Kudos