Menu
Chris_parker03
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Installation

My engineer didn’t arrive yesterday to install my broadband yesterday (having had the appointment booked for 3 weeks). I’ve received no updates and am currently without internet required for work  

after waiting 3 hours to talk with someone last night (having called at 4pm) I was told the installations team is now out of office so I can either have an appointment in 2 weeks time or have to call back in the morning. 

terrible first experience - diary mistakes happen but there is no way to talk to anyone or find out what is happening???

0 Kudos
Z92
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Installation

Try calling at 8am instead. 

But as virgin media is a residential service it'll get installed as and when they have the manpower to do it. 

"I need it for work" won't put you any higher in the priority list.

0 Kudos
Chris_parker03
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Obviously I’ve done that and am still getting passed around different teams. Needing it for work isn’t the reason they should come - it’s that the appointment has been booked for weeks and they haven’t finished the job. 

0 Kudos
Z92
Problem sorter
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

It's not obvious at all as you stated in your first post that you rang at 4pm when the departments were closing, hence why I said to ring at 8am instead. 

Yes, they should come, maybe they have and have noticed a problem? Since you are signing up to a residential service you are pretty much at the bottom of the pile of work that needs to be done in an area, and your install could take weeks to sort out, if it requires any type of construction work you could be talking 8 weeks plus. 

Virgin are very poor at communicating any of this because they can't see much of this work that needs to be done on their system, so unless someone puts a note on your account they are in the dark as much as you are. Most of the work is done by outside contractors. 

0 Kudos