Menu
elbowloh
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Installation was due yesterday for broadband and tv

Had two engineers turn up at separate times, then a team from Kier to to a cable pull (wrong way round) - who then left without doing the cable pull (i assume as there is no box outside my house).

I now have no idea when my broadband will be installed.

I've tried calling, but get in a queue and then cut off after 20 mins. I finally chose the option on the phone system to cancel, as i thought that was the only way i would get through to anyone and all they have done me is transfer me to a queue again, even though I asked specifically would i get to speak to anyone and they said yes. I've tried the chat, but no one ever bloody answers and I can't login to contact anyone because the system doesn't recognize my details.

I am so frustrated and annoyed. I am having these problems before I even get the service.

0 Kudos
Arekq-dance
Settling in
Message 2 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Re: Installation was due yesterday for broadband and tv

and how long you've been waiting for install since order was placed?

0 Kudos
elbowloh
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 16
Flag for a moderator

I placed the order on the 22nd  of November. I've had 2 cable teams out, a construction team and 2 engineers, yet no installation and no info on when I'll get it.

0 Kudos
Arekq-dance
Settling in
Message 4 of 16
Flag for a moderator

I've placed my order on 11 Nov. I'm sick of calling or rather WAITING on the line at lest 1h until anyone answer. plus this crap music...

they just roll over the appointment and service request date. From my experience and what I've read so far I can frankly say that service of Virgin Media and all sub-contractors is worst than I could ever imagine. How this company expanded so much..  but well.. if they love to waste our time.. anyway I've got the solution for it already 

0 Kudos
elbowloh
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Is anyone able to help?

I have been on the online chat since Monday and i keep getting people telling me they can help, i explain the problem, give my details and then I never hear from them again. I then get a new message saying "how can i help you today" and go through it all again.

I try calling and all that happens is that I get held in a queue and then cut off. This has happened about 6 times now. I tried the cancellation route and all they did is put me back in the same queue, where again I was cut off even after they told me that this would not happen.

0 Kudos
thisisascrapper
Tuning in
Message 6 of 16
Flag for a moderator

I'm in exactly the same boat.

Placed my order on the 20th November, confirmed that cabling was required, had a installation date of the 9th December and received an email the day before saying there could be issues with the installation.

Contacted VM, they told me that the have to install a cable to connect me up :facepalm:

I'm now showing a installation date of 4th January 2021! I contacted their Construction team who informed me that they need to get a permit to install my cables. If you visit https://one.network and enter your postcode you can see what permits have been issued by your local council. Virgin have a permit for my property, but for the day after my installation. It's lack of planning on their part.

I'm infuriated with VM, and I've not even used their services yet.

The Construction team then replied and said they were installing on 4th January again. Yesterday, someone turned up and dug the duct into the pavement outside my house, they said another team will come along to pull the cable through.

I'm a new customer, and VM have completed naused my installation, they haven't got a clue what they're doing and clearly don't communicate between departments.

I would suggest checking https://one.network, see when it says your install is coming, then email virginmedia.construction@virginmedia.co.uk and chase things. The moment your cable is in, call their customer services and tell them it's ready to be connected and get your appointment moved to a closer date.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 7 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Also in the same situation.

Installation date rolled back, told 6-8 weeks waiting time in PM on this forum by VM staff.

Had an engineer turn up a week ago to take photos, next day turned up and said 6-8 weeks was unlikely as we were a 'priorty case'. I've tried contacting but no response and previous internet provider is turning off service soon.

I'm quite surprised this forum staff don't respond either to either PM or forum posts. Is there an ignore policy in place?

Thanks the e-mail and website though. Good luck to orginal poster and fellow waiters. Hope all gets fixed soon.

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 8 of 16
Flag for a moderator

'Hi,

Thanks for contacting Virgin Media's Construction Department

As our phone lines have temporarily closed we will endeavour to answer your email query as quickly as possible and we aim to give you a response within the next working day

Please note that the Team only deal with maintaining Virgin Medias network in the Public Highways and Footpaths and we do not handle queries relating to cable pulls, digs on customers properties, drop kerbs, or installation failures, If you query relates to anything other than a dig then please reach out to our Customer Care team on 0345 454 1111 in the first instance

Thank you for your patience in these challenging times

Kind Regards

The Construction Team | Network Expansion'

Do you have another email to contact for VM installations?

0 Kudos
thisisascrapper
Tuning in
Message 9 of 16
Flag for a moderator

I received the same automated reply. It took ~24 hours for a human response.

My first email was lengthy and contained both of my order reference numbers, and dates for all events. I received a reply a day later asking for my account number or address.

In my first email I posed three questions - Why the delay? When are the cables coming? When will it get hooked up?

I then received a short reply, littered with grammatical errors simply stating "I can see your install is on 4th January 2021, We are waiting for a permit which needs to be provided by your local council. contact customer services for any more updates" - Customer services put me onto the construction team! And they were trying to send me back.

I then told them that they have the permit, I can see that they do - I don't know why they can't send a meaningful response.

I telephoned their customer services at 07:56 - By the time I got through the automated system it was a few moments past 08:00 and they answered within seconds. The lady refunded my setup / connection fees and also said that I will receive £5 credit for every day that the installation is late.

I'm now waiting for the second team to pull a coaxial cable through a pipe (I could do that myself if they gave me the cable), and then I need to contact customer support again via telephone and get the 4th January moved back ASAP.

If it wasn't for the terrible quality copper line that I currently have with BT, I would be cancelling my contract.

0 Kudos
thisisascrapper
Tuning in
Message 10 of 16
Flag for a moderator

The clowns just emailed back, again.

My job hasn't been allocated to anyone to pull the cable until the groundwork is completed - The groundwork was completed yesterday, and they don't even know about it.

I'll be writing a written complaint now.

0 Kudos