Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Installation stress

Hi - developing a post I put on the wrong forum (sorry).

So we move into the new property Dec 3 and on Dec 4th VM are coming to do the pre-work required.

The issue is the access point (pictured below) is on the left of the road (just out of one shot) yet the cable to the house needs to run up the right hand side on that wall. But there are no other CATV points on the boundary of the property to the right hand side.  The only hole in the ground is on the left there (no CATV cover FYI) - you can JUST see it poking out behind the lampost. 

We don't own the first left part of the driveway hence why the cable out of the ground needs to be on the right hand side before the driveway starts.

What will they do on the pre-work visit?  It's not just a case of pulling cables through that hole because the hole is in the wrong place!

Help really appreciated.

Thanks.

IMG_6A2E860FEFB3-1.jpgAccess point.jpgHole 2.jpg

0 Kudos
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Installation stress

We can't see your pictures until they've been approved, but if you don't have a suitable CATV cover then VM may have to request permission from the council to dig up the pavement to install one. This may cause a delay. 

0 Kudos
Rising star
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@sewatkin wrote:

Hi - developing a post I put on the wrong forum (sorry).

<snip>

Help really appreciated.

Thanks.

What is the rectangular inspection cover for in the foreground of photo 2 (in front of the lamp post)? That looks as if it may be linked in some way to the narrow trench marks leading all the way to the edge of the block paving.

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi - that rectangular cover I'm not sure - but following those trench marks doesn't lead to any more CATV covers or holes....not that I could see anyway!

0 Kudos
Rising star
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

After zooming in on your now-approved pic's, the rectangular cover looks more like a BT one for an underground BT service.

Based on the info. you have posted, it would probably be wise to have a backup plan (such as some kind of short-term mobile data package) ready to go for your move in the event that the VM installation is delayed for whatever reason.

There is a pre-installations team phone number which can be found on the forum but your best bet would be to wait for one of the forum team to pick this up for the best chance of getting some sensible information without wasting loads of time trying to hunt it out yourself.

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks.  Will see if anyone can give more info as you say.  Really appreciate your help in the meantime. 

0 Kudos