Menu
inzimam
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Installation stalled

I ordered broadband 350M at the start of May and was told installation would be 18th May

Contractors came out to assess and mark up a week ago but although my driveway is tarmac and goes all the way from house to the path, they said I need my neighbour's permission to dig under her grass which borders my driveway.

My neighbour has subsequently declined permission.

Can someone please get them out to do another assessment to dig along the edge of my driveway?

0 Kudos
crany
Superfast
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Installation stalled

I would be very surprised if virgin dig up tarmac, If there is no grass or fence or anything else they can run the cable along or on then it will prob be classed a unserviceable and you wont be able to get it installed but you can try calling 0800 052 1734 for the pre install team and asking whats going on
0 Kudos
Z92
Trouble shooter
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

On a second visit they'll probably say you'll need to make your own duct with pull rope from the catv point in the pavement. They won't dig up tarmac. 

0 Kudos
inzimam
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Pretty sure many people on here have had tarmac drive dug up

0 Kudos
Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Inzimam, 

Thanks for using the forums to get this issue with your install looked into, I am sorry if this has been causing some frustration. I would be more than happy to look into this for you and get an email sent to the local Area Field Manager (AFM). 

Before I send this email, could you post some pictures of your drive so they can see what I am trying to explain as well? 

It may translate better if they can see the site they need to work on, but they may still need to send out a surveyor regardless.

Thanks so much.

Megan_L

0 Kudos
inzimam
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi can I private message you photos? 

0 Kudos
Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Yes of course Inzimam 🙂

I'll send you one now so you know it's me you're contacting.

Thanks,

Megan_L

0 Kudos