Menu
andywolfy
Tuning in
Message 41 of 48
Flag for a moderator

Re: Installation service is an absolute joke!

Phone call from 03454541111 @ 14:33 on Wednesday 15th September.

Still waiting for the letter.

0 Kudos
Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 42 of 48
Flag for a moderator

I am sorry it did not go how we hoped @andywolfy .

In regards to the return visit to remove the cable and conduit.  I would imagine this is going to be an ad-hoc appointment, sorry.

Regards

Lee

0 Kudos
andywolfy
Tuning in
Message 43 of 48
Flag for a moderator

In my experience everything with VM is ad-hoc.

To be honest I don't care anymore. When I get chance to get to the post office they will be sent a letter with a deadline for removal. This is primarily to allow time for them to reroute the cable to next door and minimise disruption to their service.

If they haven't done the work by the deadline I will remove the cable, conduit and connection point my self with no further notice being given to VM, and I will not be held liable for any disruption caused at that point.

That will be the end of the matter and good riddens to Virgin Media!

0 Kudos
Z92
Trouble shooter
Message 44 of 48
Flag for a moderator

I very much doubt they'll actually remove it, and considering the only connection points are at your house and at the cabinet, you'll have fun trying to do the same. You typically have to cut the cable to be able to remove it from your property, and for that you may well need a hacksaw as it's tough cable.

0 Kudos
andywolfy
Tuning in
Message 45 of 48
Flag for a moderator

You're more than likely correct and I don't expect they will remove it either. However, the cable is quite easy to cut and conduit is nothing more than a bit of plastic pipe.

The bigger job will be digging it out of the road. And before anyone tells me I can't do that I live on a private road. The road and pavement outside my house are within my property boundary, clearly shown on my title deeds.

I WILL remove the cables, conduit and connection point, all of which fall within my property boundary!

0 Kudos
Richw1982
Fibre optic
Message 46 of 48
Flag for a moderator

You seem to want to go to massive lengths to inconvenience your neighbour

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
andywolfy
Tuning in
Message 47 of 48
Flag for a moderator

Try reading the rest of this thread. Time will be given for VM to reroute the neighbours cable in order to MINIMISE DISRUPTION TO THEIR SERVICE!

I have stated this clearly in prior posts.

I don't know how to turn off this thread. Admins can you disable comments please? There is nothing more to add to this.

0 Kudos
Richw1982
Fibre optic
Message 48 of 48
Flag for a moderator

Just seems a bit petty that's all.  A duct berried about a foot under the ground isnt causing an inconvenience to you even if you have had issues with an install yourself.  But threatening to cut your neighbour off remembering they may work from home, need landline for emergency services etc just seems like a lack of respect on your part for something thats not getting in your way 

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own