cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation re wiring

Bobs331A
Settling in

Had virgin media installations guy in today was told that another team had to come out to wire from the main box to my property how long does this usually take as my go live date is today 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jem101
Superstar

@Bobs331A I believe that what you are talking about is the cable pull from the street cabinet (the big green box somewhere on the street) to your house where they fit a (usually) brown box to the outside wall. This has to be done first before the last stage installation of your equipment is done (presumably the person who turned up today was there to do that part and found that the pre-pull hadn't been done).

If you look through this section of the forum, there are quite a few horror stories about how long this can take - the record is exactly one year, although I believe someone is possibly odds on to beat it shortly.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

jem101
Superstar

@Bobs331A I believe that what you are talking about is the cable pull from the street cabinet (the big green box somewhere on the street) to your house where they fit a (usually) brown box to the outside wall. This has to be done first before the last stage installation of your equipment is done (presumably the person who turned up today was there to do that part and found that the pre-pull hadn't been done).

If you look through this section of the forum, there are quite a few horror stories about how long this can take - the record is exactly one year, although I believe someone is possibly odds on to beat it shortly.

Thanks for your post and I've seen a few, and hopefully it won't take too long I've feel like I'm back in cave man times lol I'm on WhatsApp to virgin media now and seemed to have not understood my question 

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Bobs331A,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community!

Sorry for any delays regarding your installation, from checking our service it seems that since posting everything looks to be set up.

Has your service been installed?

Thanks,

Kain