cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation put on hold!

bakhshi84
On our wavelength

Just been told my installation due on 9th Jan has been put on hold. They couldn't give any reason but mentioned the cabling work could not be done. Nobody seems to have a straight answer.

They were here for a survey last week with a further appointment booked for today so really can't understand what has happened. Can the Forum team help?

15 REPLIES 15

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@bakhshi84 wrote:

Just been told my installation due on 9th Jan has been put on hold. They couldn't give any reason but mentioned the cabling work could not be done. Nobody seems to have a straight answer.

They were here for a survey last week with a further appointment booked for today so really can't understand what has happened. Can the Forum team help?

Have a read of some of these recent topics

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/QuickStart-set-up-and/Waiting-for-pre-installation-work-can-I-c...

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/QuickStart-set-up-and/Pre-installation/td-p/5218162

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/QuickStart-set-up-and/Installation-Shambles/td-p/5192656

which will give you an idea of the issues which some unlucky customers have faced trying to get cables installed for VM.

There are dozens of other topics in this forum along similar lines, unfortunately.

bakhshi84
On our wavelength

So how can I hurry them up, if I even can?

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@bakhshi84 wrote:

So how can I hurry them up, if I even can?

If you find out the answer to that question, post it on here. There would be loads of people who would be interested to know!

bakhshi84
On our wavelength

Okay so I finally got them to put me through to their construction team. There is a blockage so they have to apply to the Council to dig it up and sort that out before they can install. Apparently this can take a minimum of 4 weeks but may be 6-8 weeks.

Am I right in saying I can expect automatic compensation of £5.25 a day? If so, how do I claim that?

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

@bakhshi84 wrote:

Okay so I finally got them to put me through to their construction team. There is a blockage so they have to apply to the Council to dig it up and sort that out before they can install. Apparently this can take a minimum of 4 weeks but may be 6-8 weeks.

Am I right in saying I can expect automatic compensation of £5.25 a day? If so, how do I claim that?

ahhh the 6 to 8 week council permit - well how do you want the truth because thats an outright lie most councils sort a permit out in 48 hours so anything over that is VM or the contractor wasting time or not planning the job

you can check with your council if there has been an application in your area

the compensation should be automatic as a credit or cheque if you demand it - but expect VM to twist and turn to pay much less than you could be due - the permit time could be used as an excuse but afaik thats wrong - keep it logged and expect to go to the arbitrator if and when they try to screw you

Tony.
Sacked VIP

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @bakhshi84

Thanks for your response

My apologise for the inconvenience, I'm glad to hear they've at least been able to provide an update on this. The team will aim to have you installed as soon as they possibly can, please keep us updated with how this goes.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

bakhshi84
On our wavelength

So...all sorts of issues here. Finally had a call on 2 Feb to tell me that a permit had been issued for work to be completed by 10 Feb 2023 and that there was a 3 day window (8th, 9th and 10th) to do it.

Come 10th Feb no work done. Called up today only to be told by pre-installation that the pre-pull work has now been delayed to 4 April with no reason given as to why. I have been trying to call the construction team all day (0333 000 5925) but they have been 'out of office.'

Amazing how I was told they had a permit (which they initially said would be what would hold up the outside work) for the job to not then be completed. Have they got another permit, where has the 4 April date even come from.

Mad!

Hi @bakhshi84 

Thanks for coming back to us. I am sorry you've not been told of the reason. I am going to send you a PM, ensure the case is raised to the relevant team to get you some answers asap

Best wishes,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

@bakhshi84 wrote:

So...all sorts of issues here. Finally had a call on 2 Feb to tell me that a permit had been issued for work to be completed by 10 Feb 2023 and that there was a 3 day window (8th, 9th and 10th) to do it.

Come 10th Feb no work done. Called up today only to be told by pre-installation that the pre-pull work has now been delayed to 4 April with no reason given as to why. I have been trying to call the construction team all day (0333 000 5925) but they have been 'out of office.'

Amazing how I was told they had a permit (which they initially said would be what would hold up the outside work) for the job to not then be completed. Have they got another permit, where has the 4 April date even come from.

Mad!

Sorry, managed to post in the wrong thread - my bad, move on, nothing to see here......