cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation problems

Kroni64
Tuning in

Was hoping to be back with virgin media today after having my install date moved forward resulting in a days holiday being used only to find out there is no cable at my house and a new one will need to be installed.  So not only have I wasted holiday but it sounds like I'll have no Internet in a couple days. Anyone know how long this process will take as the engineer was sure. "Could be today, could be a while"

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

Unfortunately the engineer is completely accurate.  Virgin Media installation dates will be on this year's Booker Prize list for best modern fiction, and there's no way of cutting through and getting useful factual information.  Any new dates showing on the system are auto-generated so mean nothing. 

It could indeed happen tomorrow...worst cases have dragged on for many months.  

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

Unfortunately the engineer is completely accurate.  Virgin Media installation dates will be on this year's Booker Prize list for best modern fiction, and there's no way of cutting through and getting useful factual information.  Any new dates showing on the system are auto-generated so mean nothing. 

It could indeed happen tomorrow...worst cases have dragged on for many months.  

I can't go without Internet so they have a limited time to get it sorted or I'll have to stay with my current provider, which might not be as fast but I've never been let down by them before

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

The one thing I can recommend is that under no circumstances should you change current internet arrangement until any VM connection is in, and has been working properly for a few days.  If you try and arrange cancellation and new service for the same day you may be setting yourself up for problems.

Luckily vm brought it forward so I still have sky at the minute, they will have 14 days to sort it or I'll have to stay with sky

Kroni64
Tuning in

HI, I Was wondering if anyone could help me "yet again" the external works were die to be completed today at my house, I've had the message telling me that work was going to be done and no-one needed to be in while they do the work. But no-one has turned up to do said work and the appointment has now gone. We are currently running off next doors box but would be nice if we had our own. It's only been a couple months now 

Any help would be greatly appreciated 

Hi @Kroni64, thanks for your post although I'm sorry to hear of your concerns raised.

Please allow me to send you a PM to look into this further, and hopefully provide you with some more information.

Many thanks

Tom_W