Menu
Sjackman
Just joined
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Installation on hold??

I ve had an initial appointment where an engineer surveyed the exterior of the property. 
After that they text me saying it was on hold because more work needed to be done. Haven’t been able to contact virgin as website makes it impossible to even get a phone number for them. The first appointment was over four weeks ago and I have heard nothing since... 

anyone got any info or has this happened to anyone else... the tracker just says NaN 

0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Installation on hold??

9 times out of 10 its a construction issue.

This is where a problem has been found with the underground ducting (or lack of) accessing your property.

A construction team has to dig up the footpath or road outside, but before this can go ahead a local authority permit has to be obtained. These permits can take anything from a couple of weeks to three months to be issued. Once the construction is completed the cable from the cabinet can be pulled to allow the install to take place.

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Installation on hold??

Hi Sjackman,

Welcome to the community!

I'm sorry to hear that your installation has been delayed and you've heard nothing since, I can understand this must be concerning.

I'd have to agree with nodrogd on this, as it sounds like there may be further construction work needed before we can install you. I'm going to send you over a PM so I can look into this for you.

Please find my message over at the purple envelope.

Thanks,

Beth

0 Kudos