Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Installation on hold...Apparently?

So I set up everything to move home, got a new contract and everything else, been a VM customer for years so I'm used to the process and it's generally very easy. I recently had to move the installation date forward by a couple of weeks due to some unfortunate circumstances but again, not a big deal and they sorted that over the phone easily. 

Was sorted on Friday and then this Monday I got a text from number 07445576718 that says it's from Virgin Media though a different one from what I usually get texts from, it says "your installation has been placed on hold due to external work being required to complete your install and for any further inquiries to reply to the text with CHAT" I was a little dubious about replying to a random number so decided to call VM themselves. 

I was put through to the usual call centre probably somewhere in India with a person reading from a screen and that's fine for basic stuff and setting up but for this issue he had no clue what I was trying to say and put me through to another department, I went from installations to moving and the woman at moving still didn't find anything on the system explaining this and put me on hold for 10 minutes. She came back and said her colleague would call me back in an hour because they are "in a meeting" which I think was just to fob me off because it's been well over an hour and they probably went home at 5. 

The text message didn't elaborate on anything,nobody I called has a clue and the person who does didn't call me back apparently. I've had no email, can't find anything on My Virgin Media or anything else that explains this. As far as anyone can see the installation date change I made was set up fine and there is nothing else on the system.

So what does that text mean and who the hell am I supposed to call to ask questions as to what this means and how long my installation will be "on hold" for? I'm being cut off at my old address when I move so I'll have no Wi Fi,no home phone or anything else presumably until whatever put it on hold is resolved right? I'm a disabled person and I rely a lot on my internet as a lifeline to not only contact people but also do my grocery shopping online and have it delivered along with getting important medication and being in touch with support quickly. I'm really worried about this whole thing and nobody seems to have a clue. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Installation on hold...Apparently?

Try calling the Pre-installation and delivery team on 0800 052 1734 - they may have more info.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

So I guess after some digging around the person I called was able to talk to somebody and get answers. It's not on hold....It's apparently cancelled because on checking the area I'm moving there is no service even though the website when I checked the postcode it said there was. I guess the cables don't go to that address or something so for the first time in like 15 years I'll be leaving VM. It was a nice ride. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

The only other reason for “blocking” orders in an otherwise serviceable area is a capacity problem. Virgin are no longer allowed to “over sell” services in areas where capacity is reached as it degrades existing customers services, resulting in them not getting what they are paying for.

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks