cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation of Cable

Anonymous
Not applicable

Installation of the cable into the house is disgusting, ive got internet reliant security systems and a cable run around the house can easy be snipped by anyone who has have a clue, also they just trash your brickwork with their drills, you would think an engineer who does this daily would know to drill a pilot hole with a small bit followed by the big drill bit instead ive been left with a very mediocre installation of the new cable, also router doesn't reach around the home, starting to wish i never got involved

5 REPLIES 5

goslow
Alessandro Volta

Comments on the best of VM's installations rarely make their way onto the VM forums. Topics on here often refer to damaged brickwork and brick blowouts from drilling. Posting some photos of the damage may help if you are seeking repairs/improvements from VM. Those doing any repairs, however, may be no better/competent than the original installers though.

Securing telecoms cable connections and junction boxes from tampering is not that easy. Most, from any supplier, are accessible at some point and can be tampered with. Those from a pole are probably most difficult to access but VM's services all come from underground so would be much harder to secure. You might be able to make some small improvements with cable covers/capping but doubt VM will do that for you.

The VM hub is a basic device for wireless. New users on here often complain about its limited wireless capabilities. The general recommendation on the 'Networking and Wifi' forum would be to put the VM hub in modem mode and use your own wireless equipment.

Are you still within your 14 day cooling off period (typically starts when your services are activated)? If so, then you have time to consider if you want to stick with VM or look elsewhere.

The VM forum team will respond on here within a day or two to comment.

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Post up some photos of the installation and VM can assess what needs to be done

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

ive got internet reliant security systems” you should never rely on an internet security system, they are open to easy access in various ways. You should always get a security system that stores the data locally and if possible then makes a copy via the internet. People always assume the internet is always going to be available, even with a business account this is not possible. 

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

jem101
Superstar

@Anonymous wrote:

snip….

ive got internet reliant security systems

….snip

And just to back up @Tudor, I’d afraid in a very real sense, you don’t have a security system then.

Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Anonymous

I believe this username to indicate that a person has left our community.  If I am incorrect and you still require our help, please do reach out.

Regards

Lee_R