Menu
Swi1ch
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Installation not fully completed

I had my install on 09/09/20. Engineer showed up, got my existing hub setup, checked I could get online and everything was ok. He came back a bit later with another crew to put in a new cable as was piggybacked off my next door neighbour's and the cable was worn/damaged. They said my connection would drop out while they installed it.

It didn't drop out, and while they put the cable under the lawn, it's not actually hooked up to anything. There's just a spool of new cable sat in front of my house. No one has been back to sort it and i've not had any communication from Virgin about it. I would like to get this corrected.

Additionally, there wasn't a new omnibox hooked up for me - I'm linked through my neighbour's (presumably extremely old as it's grey). I don't know if this is an issue or not, though. 

https://imgur.com/a/Ugh1x5d

0 Kudos
Zoie_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Installation not fully completed

Hi Swi1ch,

Thanks for your post, we will sometimes attach you to a neighbours service, this does not affect the speed or service, has anyone been out to your property since your post?

Thanks,

Zoie

0 Kudos
Swi1ch
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi there,

No one has returned to the house and I've not had any contact from VM at all regarding this, the cable is sat there as before.

0 Kudos
Zoie_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Sw1tch ,

thanks for your post and I am sorry to hear about the delay in your installation. I have checked remotely and can see your account is now active, is this correct are you having any other issues?

thanks,

Zoie

0 Kudos
Swi1ch
Joining in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi there,

I think you misunderstand my issue.

I have broadband access (Although I am having some issues with it).

When the engineer connected my property, I was told that the existing line from the box on my neighbours house to the street access point was damaged and that a new cable would need to be installed.

The new cable was run from the street under my front lawn, and is sat in front of my house, not connected to anything. https://i.imgur.com/AEeiIfr.jpg
0 Kudos
Emma_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Sorry for the delay in getting back in touch. 

What issues are you having exactly? 

I can see you're currently impacted by an outage under the reference C01154871 and it's due to be fixed by 5pm this evening. 

Keep us posted 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos
Swi1ch
Joining in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I'm having constant packetloss spikes of 1-2%. Online gaming is frequently impossible and streaming high-quality video is often affected.

As the engineer specifically told me the cable to my property is damaged I wanted to get that fixed before escalating further.

0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hey Swi1tch,

Many apologies for our delayed response to you.

I've had another look through the account and can see that you have a repull appointment booked in for you which is great news. I can see that you called in concerning this so I'm sure you're already aware 🙂

Please let us know how things go following on from the appointment and if you need anyt further assistance in the meantime.

Kind regards,

Beth

0 Kudos
Swi1ch
Joining in
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Well I did have the appointment booked in, but no one showed up.

0 Kudos