I wonder if the Forum Team can help with this, please?
I ordered broadband at the start of January and was given an engineer visit date of 31st January.
This was then rearranged as additional outside work was required. I was given a new date of 19th February for the rescheduled engineer visit.
I contacted Customer Services to clarify the status and was told that two bits of external work were needed. Firstly, as the local council had tarmac-ed over the cable access point in the pavement, this would need to be reinstated. Secondly the cable would then need to be fed through to my house and an external box installed. I was assured this should happen before 19th.
At this point the "Orders and Appointments" section of my account showed both engineer visit and pre-install appointments as scheduled.
Tuesday or Wednesday last week, the work was carried out to reinstate the access point. On Friday a team of two turned up outside (presumably to do the cable / box install), stayed for 10 minutes and then left. They then returned about an hour later but, before I could speak to them left again. No work was done.
On Saturday morning Virgin rang me and asked if the Engineer could come earlier than planned. I agreed and he arrived only to tell me that he couldn't do the work as he noticed that the cable and box had not been fitted!
The engineer was very helpful and apologetic but said he could find no information relating to what had happened. He said he would "flag it up".
Now when I check my account there are no appointments scheduled and it looks as though the "system" thinks the installation is complete! Charges for a partial month dated 19th February have also appear for the first time under the "Upcoming charges" section.
I'd be very grateful if someone could take a look for me.