Menu
vipertox
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Installation needed?

I just bought a new broadband plan, and opted not to include installation. I'm regretting this now, as the sockets in my apartment don't match the cable included in my setup box. My previous wifi router was using ADSL Modem.

I've looked on the website for a way to coordinate an engineer to visit my apartment and help me set up the new service. Can someone help?

IMG_0742.jpegIMG_0743.jpeg

0 Kudos
sayekm
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Installation needed?

Virgin normally allow self instal if the property had their service last few years therefore should have a socket but you just not seen it yet.

This question appears so often and the same reply is..

1. Look outside for the Virgin exterior box like the picture. Could be brown or white.

2. Follow the cable where it enters the property.

Socket.jpg

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
M200 Oomph - 5GB SIM + 3 extra SIM family plan - BT whole Wi-Fi - Sky Q
............................................................................................................................
Don't cry over Virgin price increase instead speak to retentions team and negotiate a better deal.
0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Apartment blocks & flats are sometimes internally wired & require changes in the main equipment cupboard to ensure the Virgin feed is routed to your property.

VM BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
vipertox
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Thanks! What's typically the best way to get in touch with a team to come perform this work? I've searched VMs website for contact methods, seems their phone number is the only way?

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Superstar
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi I'm afraid the phone is the way to get this done, 0345 454 1111. Regards Micky
0 Kudos