Menu
Kelly11111
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Installation lies

Being messed about by virgin, lied to and left without any broadband. 

Firstly install was cancelled  the day after purchase and had to beg them to turn up on the agreed date as I need broadband to work from home. Then when the engineer did come to install he was unable to as no cable had been run for engineer to connect to but he said he could see the markings had been sprayed for the cable to be pulled. He then made a call and said not to worry as one would be done later that day, this never happened. Called virgin rearranged for cable to be run and engineer to connect today. Waited in all day nobody turned up called customer service to tell them about this and they assured me and insisted that both the cable installation team and engineer were on site doing it as we spoke. Looked out the window and to my surprise couldn't see anybody.

After telling them this they put me to hold and it turns out the install guys weren't outside but had been to my house earlier (must have not seen them) and that they were unable to install the cable as the duct was blocked, the same duct my new neighbours with virgin use. Now been told I'll have to wait 6-8 weeks as they need permission from the council to carry out the job. I asked what am I suppose to do in the meantime as I need to work and was told I should call my old provider and ask to be put on a one month rolling contract until virgin are able to get another install date arranged. This was not the response I was expecting. Anyway Im pretty desperate so I tried this and my old provider said it would take 3 weeks to switch back over. I called virgin again the explain this and actually managed to get someone in the UK who was very apologetic but then put them through the the previous call center in India who after making me wait 30mins to talk to them hung up right after I'd explained why I was calling.

So still without any broadband any way of logging on to work and any idea of when if ever anyone will turn up to sort this mess out and just in time for Xmas.

So Thank you virgin for providing me with the worst service I've ever had before it's even started. 

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Installation lies

They will turn up when your local council office has approved the work - VM have no control over that. They then can schedule with the contractors to do the digging and lay the cables. This is weeks not days and couldn't have been predicted when you booked the installation - they dont know if there is a blockage until they come and look.

I can only suggest that you find an OpenReach provider who can connect you as soon as possible. Or get a 4G/5G BB SIM + Mifi deal and use that and see if you can get it delivered in a day or so. Or until then just tether your phone and use your mobile data allowance to connect.

When VM eventually do the install you can try it for 14 days and see if it meets your requirement

If it doesn't then cancel with no charges - even if it does you can still cancel and rejoin as a new customer once the additional suppliers contract expires knowing that you have a VM connection that is good to go.

If it does look good than you could just keep it and cancel your latest provider - or keep the two as a back up - if that's economically viable,

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos