Menu
badconnection
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Installation keeps getting delayed

I have been trying to get virgin media installed for the past 3 months now. It keeps getting delayed and I am receiving no updates, this is really frustrating as I am out of contract with my previous ISP and TV provider so am paying a lot more than I need to for these services.

I initially placed an order on the 7th December 2020. As I live on a shared driveway, I was told that a track extension would be needed to install cables on our driveway before any cables can be installed to the house. Engineers came to the house to inspect everything and it was confirmed that we could get the services installed once the above works had been carried out. On December 30 I received an email saying that my order had been cancelled, I have no idea why and no update was provided to me, I called virgin again and placed my order again on Jan 4th. We were given a new installation date of 5th February 2020, an engineer came on the 3rd Feb and told us what we already knew about the track extension being needed. Therefore our order got delayed again. We rang customer services and they have given us a new installation date of the 23rd February. We were told that the required work would be carried out before this date. Since ordering the service, at least 10 engineer appointments have been cancelled with no updates being provided to us. The 23rd is now fast approaching and no engineers have visited to install cables on our driveway and it feels like our installation date will be delayed yet again. If this carries on we will have to cancel our order as the customer service we have received (before even being in contract!) has been bad.

Is there anyone that may be able to assist?

Thank you

0 Kudos
Ryan_N
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Installation keeps getting delayed

Hi badconnection,

Thank you for your post.

I'm sorry about the delayed install you're experiencing and we wish we could install you sooner. However if your property isn't cabled, we need to carry out a bit more work before the actual install. Our the Pre-Installs Team will have spotted what is required and will have passed the details on to get it arranged. The best team to speak to with this is the pre-install team as they would be able to check the information, they can be reached on; 0800 052 1734.

Cheers. 

Ryan_N - Forum Team - https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/custom/page/page-id/WelcomeGoodFolk
0 Kudos
badconnection
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Installation keeps getting delayed

For the second time now my order has been cancelled by Virgin without any explanation despite being told numerous times that I am able to get services installed. This is extremely frustrating, I first placed my order nearly 3 months ago! 

Now if i try to place my order again I will be back to square one and have to wait God knows how long for another installation date only to have it cancelled!

0 Kudos