cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation issues

dan080786
Joining in

I’ve been trying to get my installation sorted for over two weeks now: After the initial phone call placing the order, I had a pre install visit from an engineer who said everything was fine, despite me saying there may have been damage to the existing line in my front garden. 

My first engineers visit for installation was arranged on the 1st February where I was told everything would be completed. The engineer arrived and advised the cable was damaged and he couldn’t replace it but installed the external box and the internal box where the router was to be situated. Despite a call to virgin asking for a follow up visit within the next few days, another appointment was booked to complete the visit on 9th February. 
9th February engineer turns up and has advised my wife that he has arrived to install the external and internal box, to which my wife informed him is already complete. The engineer says that he managed to get hold of the external company who need to do this work and says they should be there later today which I can’t believe. 
I have since received an email to say that a re-visit is booked for the 24th of February almost 4 weeks after my original install date. 
move phoned customer services and tried to explain the situation which was very difficult. 
 As far as I’m concerned this is unacceptable as any issues should’ve been picked up from the initial pre install visit and any work organised accordingly. I would appreciate it if someone can get back to me with a definite install date that isn’t in two weeks time!

1 REPLY 1

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @dan080786 👋,

A warm welcome to our Community Forums and thanks for your post. It's great to have you here. 

I am so sorry to hear your Install keeps getting delayed. Appreciate this is frustrating and I would love to take a closer look into this for you. 

I've not been able to locate your details  so will pop you a PM now and we can take it from there.

Speak soon 😊

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs