Menu
Khood
Tuning in
Message 1 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Installation issues

How do I get Virgin installation team to contact my elderly parents? They were due to get Virgin TV, Broadband and phone installed this week. None of which happened the engineer tried contacting someone but couldn't get a hold of anyone. He left and they haven't heard anything since. They now have no phone, broadband or access to their previous sky package. My Dad tries calling on his mobile (on which he had £17 credit and it took so long he got cut off as he ran out of credit. 

This is ridiculous and I regret recommending Virgin to them. 

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Superstar
Message 2 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Re: Installation issues

Hi when you say the engineer tried contacting someone what do you mean, your parents, virgin themselves or who. Regards Micky
0 Kudos
Khood
Tuning in
Message 3 of 15
Flag for a moderator

The engineer tried to contact the contractor who had done the external work but couldn’t get anyone. The problem is that virgin deal with contacting BT for the phone line transfer and they had done that. So they have no phone,broadband etc and when I spoke to customer service today the said installation will be the 26th now!!! If they knew they couldn’t install why didn’t they stop the phone cancellation at least.

0 Kudos
Emma_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi Khood, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community. 

Really sorry for the issues you've been having with the install and for the delay in getting back in touch, I can assure you it's not the level of service we aim to provide and we have been busier than usual. 

I can see from your post this is due to be installed today, do you know if this is still the case?

I have tried to locate your account to check but have been unable to do so. 

Please let us know how things go with the install and we can help further from here. 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos
Khood
Tuning in
Message 5 of 15
Flag for a moderator

No the engineers failed to turn up today. No contact at all. So my parents are going to go elsewhere 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Emma_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 15
Flag for a moderator

I am so sorry about that Khood, have we advised we didn't turn up? 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos
Khood
Tuning in
Message 7 of 15
Flag for a moderator

No advisement was received. I am currently on the phone trying to find out what is going on but apparently the problem this time is that someone put it on the system as the 26th October 2021!!! It was originally supposed to be the 16th then I was told the 26th. Now this! They have been left with no phone/broadband/tv since the 16th Oct as Virgin contacted BT to transfer the phone and so BT have cancelled their line.

0 Kudos
Emma_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Please let us know how it goes over the phone, I really am sorry about this. 

If you want to pop me the address over via personal message I'll see if there's anything we can do from here. 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos
Khood
Tuning in
Message 9 of 15
Flag for a moderator

I have sent a private message. 

0 Kudos
Khood
Tuning in
Message 10 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Well another day and another failure of anyone from Virgin to contact my parents to let them know what is happening. Why? No, seriously WHY? So far there has been an absolute lack of customer care or service. Are Virgin just burying their head in the sand and hoping we will give up? 

0 Kudos