Menu
sarah6590
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Installation issues

I was due to have my virgin media package installed on the 28th August. Prior to this, I had someone assess the house and told us the cable was in the main road and needed to be closed overnight to put the cable out the front. Nobody seemed to do anything about this so on the installation date the engineer politely told us there was nothing he could do and rescheduled us for the 15th September. I tried to explain to the pre install team this means booking another day off work and how frustrating this was, however I was told due to the construction needed this was the earliest they could do. Fast forward to this week and I’ve still had nobody turn up to complete the work. I’ve called every day since Wednesday to get clarity on why this hasn’t been completed and I’ve been passed from department to department with nobody giving any answers. Even the construction team had no idea as there was no notes written from the previous install attempt so it’s not their issue. Even the pre install team said it’s not their issue. Called again yesterday only to be told that due to it being the weekend the construction team are closed and I won’t be able to gain any clarity until Monday.. the day before the install. I’m very angry and upset, not only that I am having to chase this issue as a customer, but that nobody seems to be taking accountability for the issue. All I want is for someone to inform me when the construction work is being done and that it will be done before the install date, as I do not want to be told for a second time that I am unable to have my package installed - especially after trying to chase this myself.

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Installation issues

There are 3 teams to a VM Install ...

The Digging Team that are wholly reliant on permission from the local authority. LA permissions take around 6 to 8 weeks on average and then the job has to be slotted into the existing schedule.

The Pre-Installation team, they can't do anything until the Digging Team have completed their work and then the job has to be slotted into the existing schedule.

The Installation Team, they can't do anything until the Pre-Installation Team have completed their work and then the job has to be slotted into the existing schedule.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
sarah6590
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

That would be fine, if the departments spoke to each other and kept each other informed with where they are up to. It shouldn’t be for me to chase with them because nobody knows what’s going on. Even the construction team knew nothing about the job. I’d prefer them to tell me straight that the job will take 6-8 weeks due to LA permissions than keep having to take time off work for installations that can’t be completed on the date.

0 Kudos
Fragility
Dialled in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Sarah,
I understand your frustrations, truly. I've been in a similar boat for absolute months but you don't have to take time off work for any of this. The first two teams don't even need access to your house to be honest with you, the only time you need to take off work is for the final installation when someone over the age of 18 is required to be at the property during the installation.

I've been trying to get installed since April, so I hope your journey is better than mine.

I don't work for Virgin Media, all my opinions are my own.
10 years in IT. Web Developer.
0 Kudos
Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hey sarah6590,

Have you heard anything about your install since you last posted?

Regards

Steven_L

0 Kudos