Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Installation issue

HI,

Where the cable enters my house through the hole in my bricks, the plastic shroud the engineer fitted has come of the wall (bonded on with some clear silicon it seems), I need an engineer to come back and fit a new one especially with the rain coming in.

I cannot do it myself as it high up and requires a ladder, new shroud and adhesive.

Help please.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Installation issue

Hi,

Currently VM is carrying out essential work only.

Since this is not essential you will be waiting some time till they can sort this out for you.

Your best bet is trying to ask a friend or neighbour who has a long enough ladder to do it for you. You don't have to re fit that plastic cover. You can just fill the hole with silicon, its only to keep the weather out in the long run, it wont cause any immediate danger.

And those plastic covers come off all the time, they are horrible things and then just leave silicon on the wall that wont come off.

If I've helped in any way, please give me Kudos and mark my response as a helpful answer!

Fancy £50 off your bill? Ask me how and you might just get it!

I am a Service Field Technician at Virgin. However, all responses on here are based on my experiences in the field alone and my own equipment at home and should be taken as such.

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos