Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Installation has been rescheduled at the last minute

A month ago I booked in to have my broadband installed the day after I move into my new flat, which given how working from home is a necessity right now, being able to specify the installation date when booking far in advance was the reason I chose Virgin over other broadband providers.

I have just received a text message, 4 days before installation, stating that my installation has now been rescheduled to over 2 weeks later, which I find unacceptable as I made sure to book far enough in advance to be able to choose the installation date. There was no other information provided in the text as to the reason why nor do I have any reason to believe that it won't be pushed back again once the 'new' date arrives. None of the people living in the flat are able to work without broadband, and we are unable to work from our offices as they continue to be shut, and so this delay in installation will mean that we cannot work. 

Please can you provide me with more information on how this has happened so close to installation date, and what options there are for me now? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Installation has been rescheduled at the last minute

last question first - look for another isp that is linked to 'normal' telephone lines - you are more likely to get an install quickly if VM have found a problem 

VM use their own cables and it may be they have found a problem in the ducting that needs work - if that is the case then 2 weeks is conservative 

one of the VM people may be able to look at the order and be able to help - wait for them to get to the thread

Tony
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Installation has been rescheduled at the last minute

As Tony says... or... get a Mifi and a 4G/5G broadband sim (30day?) contract - if available in your area of course

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos