Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Installation failed..

Today, the engineers came out to install our broadband but failed at the last step, the cable wouldnt go through the tube to the cabinet due to some kind of a blockage.. Our current contract witha different provider is due to run out next week and will leave us with no internet at all. Does anyone have any advice as to what to do next. Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Installation failed..

Cancel your cancellation and keep it active until after the VM connection is installed and up and running. No great cost for a month of overlap. It could be weeks, or even longer in the current climate before VM can sort it.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

HI Triumphrider, we recommend  jbrennand advise. 

I appreciate this has been a very frustrating time and you were looking forward to enjoying your new service. We want nothing more than to provide the service but the problem as you may have been made aware is one of construction.

We do not come across these issues until we action the installation. When you first call, the Sales team check to see if the address is marked as serviceable. This simply means the architecture is in place. In this case it is. Prior to you install a crew come out to what we term pre-pull the external cable. It’s at this point we sometimes come across constructions issues. Services are subject to availability.

In most areas the cabinets, cables, ducting for the cables etc has been in situe for a number of years. Ducting can become blocked or crushed. Access points outside homes called T plates get covered over, if councils resurface pavements etc. So we have to clear whatever presents itself before we can carry out the install.

Chris 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi, thanks for replying, The ducting, cabinets ETC are all new and only been laid down about 5 months if that, so its all still brand new and no reason to be blocked. I know times are difficult at the moment but if i cant get the install sorted very soon then i will end up cancelling my order and staying with my current provider which is something i don't want to do

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

We would recommend that you cancel the order as there is no guaranteed that you can be installed in these uncertain times ^Chris 

0 Kudos