cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation engineer didn't knock

Pat0432
Joining in

I'm not really sure on what to do here. I'm a new customer and the installation engineer was meant to come yesterday so I waited at home for the whole day for him. There was never a knock on the door and I only found out he came by and scurried away quickly because he posted the "We missed you" notice through the door saying he'll come again, but obviously he didn't. Everyone I phoned from Virgin couldn't do anything to get in touch with the engineer from yesterday.

Now I have to wait another 3 weeks for another engineer to come, which is simply ridiculous as we are without internet. Is there anything I can do about this process? Apparently I cannot get a self install kit as I haven't had a Virgin line in my house before so I'm truly stuck.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Pat0432, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us in the Community. 

I'm really sorry to hear that you missed the engineer. Is it possible you were out in the garden or perhaps the bathroom when they called round or just didn't hear the door? 

If the engineer has been to the property and there was no answer, we would reschedule the visit to the next available appointment. You can keep an eye to see if there are any cancellations via My VM here. If you've not signed up yet, you can register using the details from your welcome email. You'll find the appointment in My Orders and can reschedule from there. 

Let us know how things go. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

goslow
Alessandro Volta

Up to this point in the process, has VM actually installed a cable from the street to your house and fitted a connection box to the outside wall?

A reasonable guess might be that the VM tech who turned up was there to fit the equipment inside and discovered you had no cable for him to connect to.

Bumping the installation 3 weeks into the future seems to be a common response from VM if this happens.

Yes they've installed the outside box. The engineer was meant to set up the broadband and TV box.

Hi Pat0432, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us in the Community. 

I'm really sorry to hear that you missed the engineer. Is it possible you were out in the garden or perhaps the bathroom when they called round or just didn't hear the door? 

If the engineer has been to the property and there was no answer, we would reschedule the visit to the next available appointment. You can keep an eye to see if there are any cancellations via My VM here. If you've not signed up yet, you can register using the details from your welcome email. You'll find the appointment in My Orders and can reschedule from there. 

Let us know how things go. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs